CPAW Training Materials
The CPAW program provides communities with training and technical resources to improve land use planning in the wildland-urban interface. Explore some of our materials on this page.
Webinars and Presentations
- Presentation called Building Costs and Risk Modeling to Reduce Wildfire Risk given at the IAFC Wildland Urban Interface Conference in Reno, Nevada on February 28, 2018. (PDF, 3.6 MB)
- Webinar for Land Use Solutions for Colorado, Planning for Wildfire Resilience. This webinar was presented on June 19, 2017 as part of the Planning for Hazards series and features CPAW’s work in Summit County, Colorado.
- FAC Learning Network webinar (12MB, MP4 file). This webinar about CPAW was presented on May 18, 2017 as part of the Fire Adapted Communities Learning Network webinar series.
- Presentation to IAFC Wildland Urban Interface Conference in Reno, Nevada. This presentation was given at the annual WUI conference on March 22, 2017. (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- CPAW Overview. A one-page summary of CPAW, including a map of where we work. (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- CPAW Accomplishments as of December 2017. (PDF, 287 KB)
- Land Use Planning Reduces Wildfire Risk. A two-page handout explaining how land use planning can help reduce wildfire risk. (PDF, 819 KB)
- Stakeholder Outreach Guide. Guidance for communities on how to engage stakeholders in the CPAW process. (PDF, 111 KB)
- Wildfire Hazard Assessment for Land Use Planning. A two-page summary of what wildfire hazard assessments are, how they are developed, and the process of developing hazard assessments in the CPAW program. (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Why conduct wildfire risk assessments? A white paper that explains how risk assessments can encourage and inform better land use planning to reduce wildfire risk. (PDF, 288 KB)
Posters are high resolution and designed to be printed on large format printers.